I recently organized my fabric stash. It took awhile, but now I enjoy looking at the piles of fabrics, all sorted by colour. Then I visited my sister-in-law in Alberta. Her living room is painted pale grey and she has dark leather sofas. Pale blue-green pillows accented them. She told me that for fall and winter, she changes the pale pillows to red. When I got home I was inspired to make this little pillow for her. I went through the red fabrics and chose a variety. There's a remnant of a skirt I made my daughter, a blouse, and a few odds and ends I picked up. Fifteen 3 1/2 inch squares combined to make a pillow I hate to give away. But I will.
Sewing is the leisure activity that is a constant in my life. Others may come and go, but sewing remains. Now with the shorter days and cooler temperatures, thoughts of sewing projects fill my mind.
This weekend, though, will probably be filled with canning/roasting/saucing tomatoes. We have a bumper crop this year and I'm loving it!
I hope everyone has a wonderful Labour Day weekend (in North America).
0 Yorumlar