Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Some Thoughts


Both of my children will be home for the summer by next Thursday, can you believe it?  Honestly the time has whizzed by for me.  They both had a great year and they each like their schools.  That makes it easier for us parents while they are gone.  I spent the last 20+ years staying at home raising them and it's nice to see them happy and excited about their futures.

I purposefully made sure that this past academic year was filled with weekend trips for the two of us.  My husband and I loved going away and setting a pace that was perfect for us.  Sure we missed the kids.  Sure we had the cell phones with calls and texts but it still was without them and fun.

This blog has made my empty nest journey so much easier.  I truly believe hobbies of any kind are what sustains happiness. I started this blog almost two years ago because I loved reading blogs.  I kept thinking "I want to do that someday".  During my child raising years, I always maintain interest of my own, so that when the kids left, I had pieces of me to build upon.  It was natural for me to keep on knitting and reading.  Photography and blogging, well those were added only a few years ago.  An empty nest is what you make of it.  I made mine an enjoyable natural part of my mothering journey.

So today is the last shopping trip that will be under a hundred dollars.  Next week I will see stars when the cashier rings up my grocery bill.  There will be more food in the house.  When I make cookies, they will not last over a week while I worry if they are growing mold or not.  Oh and the laundry!!!  Massive massive amounts of laundry.  I am ready for my stay-at-home-mom job to return for 10 to 12 weeks of summer :)


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar